What is astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin is a natural pink or reddish pigment that belongs to the large family of carotenoids . Carotenoids are nutrients that are powerful antioxidants that can protect our cells. Astaxanthin is a molecule made by the alga Haematococcus pluvialis. The culture of this alga is done in France for the brand Bio Néo.
The molecule has powerful antioxidant properties .
14.3 times more powerful than vitamin E,
20.9 times more powerful than synthetic astaxanthin,
53.7 times more powerful than beta carotene,
64.9 times more powerful than vitamin C!
Astaxanthin benefits and properties:
- Protects your skin from external aggressions (ultraviolet rays, pollution…).
- Prepares for sun exposure, reduction of wrinkles, age spots.
- Protect your eyes and improve eyesight: eyes sensitive to the sun, accommodation difficulties, eyestrain, prevention of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Maintains the capacity of your brain : prevention of neurodegenerative diseases associated with oxidative stress.
- Protects your cardiovascular system: lipid oxidation, prevention of arteriosclerosis.
- Fight against inflammatory pain : arthritis, tendonitis, etc.
- Contributes to the proper functioning of your digestive system: aid in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infections, gastric inflammation, prevention of ulcers.
- Improves your sports performance and recovery of physical efforts: endurance during exercise, reduction in the level of lactic acid, acceleration of fat burning.
- Improves fertility in humans with positive effects observed on sperm function.
Finally you must make sure that the astaxanthin you buy has gone through a supercritical CO2 extraction process: this process allows you to work at low temperature in order to keep the best of the active ingredients which are then very close to their original plant version. .
The recommended dosage is 8 mg per day in the morning like all antioxidants.
For 1 capsule:
Astaxanthin (8 mg).